Fayetteville State University Seeking Associate Vice Chancellor for Police and Public Safety
The Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC) for Police and Public Safety is responsible for providing leadership and support to the University’s Police and Public Safety Department which includes the following areas: the Police (which is recognized as a fully sworn police agency in the State of North Carolina), Property Security/Traffic Enforcement, Environmental Health and Safety and Telecommunications. The Associate Vice Chancellor also serves as the Chief of Police.
The AVC’s responsibilities also include, but are not limited to the following:
• Developing and implementing effective University safety policies and programs along with appropriate crime prevention strategies for members of the University community;
• Overseeing officer and staff recruitment, training, promotions and retention efforts and assuring compliance with all professional standards/requirements for police officers and other staff members;
• Ensuring compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations, such as the Clery Act and Violence Against Women’s Act, by providing information on crimes and accurate statistics to the University community and public; and,
• Representing the department in all significant public relations matters and serving as the University’s liaison with external agencies, federal, state and local representatives and the private sector regarding campus law enforcement
• Preparing and administering the annual departmental program budgets; prepare recommendations and justifications regarding budget requests; authorize expenditures according to University policies.
To view the full posting and to apply, please visit the FSU Jobs Website at https://jobs.uncfsu.edu/hr/postings/14858.
Fayetteville State University (FSU) is a public comprehensive regional university that promotes the educational, social, cultural, and economic transformation of southeastern North Carolina and beyond. The primary mission of FSU is to provide students with the highest quality learning experiences that will produce global citizens and leaders as change agents for shaping the future of the State. Committed to excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, and service, the university extends its services and programs to the community, including the military, and other educational institutions throughout North Carolina, the nation, and the world.